FAWC 2009 Orientation Guide
Welcome to camp.
Where is general and specific information about camp located?
- message board
- feedback box
- the grid for camp
- the schedule space for optional offerings
- a copy of this guide for reference
- camp budget ??
- what to consider when selecting a campsite-
- access and proximity to camp activities
- volume of your activities/your neighbors activities
- discretion around personal choices
- who is Seeds of Peace?
- where is the kitchen?
- when are meals?
- what kind of food will be offered?
- what is the sanitation protocol for being served?
- can I donate food/money?
- special needs
- helping out
- where is it available?
- is it filtered/how is it filtered?
- should one attempt to use the camp filter?
- is there a sanitation protocol for putting water into personal container?
Bodily Elimination (pee and poo disposal):
- where can I go pee/poo?
- how do the buckets work?
- how does the trench work?
- what if the trench/bucket is full?
- what if I can?t squat?
- should I bury my TP?
- how do I make the least amount of it?
- where does it go?
- is there a camp recycle?
- how do I take extra home with me?
Health and Well-Being:
- where is the Wellness Space?
- what is offered there?
- what could I offer there?
- who is a medic/first aid person?
- who offers other skills/services?
- what if I feel ill?
- what if I am in conflict?
- sun exposure
- altitude change
- water safety
- fire safety
- how to choose
- what to expect
- expected level of engagement
- with what awareness do I come ritual space?
- where will they be?
- what time will they be?
- what should I wear?
- how can I be a part of planning/enacting ritual?
- what does a guardian/dragon do for ritual?
- what doesn?t work for ritual?
- presence and engagement
- dedicated safer space for all beings
- principles of unity
- eco-social justice emphasis
- do it yourself consciousness (DIY)
- ask for/offer help consciousness (mutual aid and solidarity)
- personal autonomy balanced with collective accountability
- we all priestess this camp, even if from the edge
- security culture?
- voluntary organizer identification
- working groups
- theme and story
- facilitator selection
- camp culture crew and well cell
- decision making
- consensus process
- web pages