Our Face 2 Face gatherings are potent magical and organizing intensive weekends.
2009 FAWC ORGANIZING CELL VISIONING
Handwritten Agenda From Face 2 Face Gathering, December 5-7, 2008
• Dreams: check-in, take a few minutes and write your dreams, share a word or phrase that
captures the essence
• Common understanding, roles: facilitators, note-takers, time keepers, vibes watchers,
• Harvesting/Sharing from 2008: in small groups, report back what worked, what could be
•workgroup Check-ins, clarifying workgroup roles and responsibilities, adjust, modify timeline
• Organizing process: how is it working?— Organizing cell consensed upon agreements
- theme & story 2009
- camp 2009 as if it happened
- long range
• Fundraising& Networking: brainstorm followed by small groups affinity
• Container/Boundaries: linked here is a great discussion on the on-line groups about the creation of camp container
• WCC (Witch Camp Council)
• Next Meeting
Rough Time Line (one version) – from Face 2 Face Gathering, December 5-7, 2008
Wiki & Yahoogroup creation
Site Selection (October)
F2F (face to face gathering) & Fundraising (December)
Theme & Story
Camp Logistics (food water shit)
Camp (August 1-7, 2009)
NOTES from Face to Face Gathering, North Bay, California
December 7, 2008
Fundraising and Networking (Brainstorming Results)
[note: this is simply a list of ideas. Not all are supported by then entire group, none were
discussed in detail. Just thrown up onto paper in a quick brainstorming session.]
Need fundraising & donations inputs from all cell…
Café at camp = (logistics?) coffee, chocolate, etc. bonus treats for sale
Other camps and events
Party/performance in a city/houseparty
Sisters of perpetual indulgence
Raise money in spirit of FUN!
ask witch community
piti & songs
meat (for sale) at camp
make magical podcasts
scavenge homes & sell scraps
theater & troupe coyote crew
Seeling biobrew & wormcastings
Networking…who is our audience?
Global Justice Movement
Indigenous Environmental Network
Warm Springs Reservation near Kinzel Lake
The wilsons – folx they met on the Permie Bus Tour
Reclaiming community members
Green Mountain Center for Popular Education
Earth Activist Training
Black Mesa Indigenous Support
Outside US Borders
Portland Revolutionary Assembly
People very connected to the woods…including "Red Necks"
Local Universities (near Camp Site)
Bread & Puppet
Deep Green Resistance
QUESTIONS/DISCUSSIO N resulting from our brainstorming session:
- are we to interface?
- Or be a cohesive one?
- What is our intent around networking?
- What are we about!?
- The wider the community the more that changes the magic.
- When we spoke about fundraising the issue of class came up around asking for money
how that might limit [or empower] people. We must explore the ethics of money.